Salary: £28000 – £40000/annum
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: LS12, Churwell, City and Borough of Leeds, UK
Advantage are currently recruiting several Printers with UV Flexographic Printing experience, to work for one of our clients in the Leeds area, on a Permanent basis.
The primary objective of the role of a printer is the responsibility for the print quality of the product.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities, Duties will include but will not be limited to
* Ability to identify & understand print specs on work.
* Locate correct materials relating to individual job cards.
* Ensure plates are mounted correctly.
* Ensure inks are mixed to the correct colour match using the equipment provided.
* Thread web through machine following correct route, set ink, varnish & register.
* Setting of clock / counter for final reelage.
* Setting of machine tensions for specific materials using controls.
* Carrying out in process inspections, visual checks & highlighting any print fault.
* Ensuring that all operations are carried out and complete necessary paperwork /Job cards completed to ISO standards as outlined in company manuals.
* Responsibility for keeping a clean & organized working environment in accordance with the BRC/IoP requirements.
* Working to strict deadlines whilst maintaining quality control.
* Responsible for checking off other printer’s 1st off reels.
* Weekend work will occasionally be required & be prepared to work across different OPM locations.
* Cover shift partners holiday when necessary.
Additional Skills & Experience
* A good eye for detail.
* Safety orientated.
* Have strong organisational skills and the ability to work with initiative.
* Be calm, level-headed, and be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Be flexible and able to make decisions quickly.
* Be comfortable working in a hands-on, practical situation.
* Interested in preventing errors and solving problems.
* Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator and photocopy machine if necessary.
Hours of work
The shifts are based on a 3 shift rotating system which is:
* Early shift – 37½hrs/week – working Monday to Friday – 6am to 2pm Monday to Thursday and 6am to 12.45pm on a Friday.
* Late shift – 37½hrs/week – working Monday to Friday – 2pm to 10pm Monday to Thursday and 12.45pm to 7.30pm on a Friday.
* Night shift – 38¾hrs/week – working Sunday to Thursday – 10pm to 6 am
* Holidays: 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
* You will be auto enrolled in to the Company Pension Scheme.
* Death in Service Benefit’ – this is twice your annual salary whilst employed
* Company Events
* Onsite Car Parking Onsite Gym
Job Listed: 2023-11-16 11:52:47