Salary: £60000 – £70000/annum Car allowance £4,800 + 20% Bonus
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: London, UK
Job Title – National Account Manager
Location – London / South (Home Based)
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most exciting spirits companies
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual who has a solid understanding of the UK spirit’s market. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have worked within the FMCG/ alcoholic beverages industry with account management, and line management experience. If you’re looking to make your mark in a fast-paced environment and join a rapidly growing drinks company, then this very special opportunity might just be for you.
1. Building brands by implementing activation and promotional programmes across independent cash & carry outlets and national / regional accounts in the South of England. Delivering exceptional performance and execution, driving volume and distribution of the portfolio
2. Managing 1 direct report (BDM), driving volume and distribution through independent C&C, and independent retail. Activating displays, POS, and NBD, with a focus on our small format range.
1. National Account Management: Manage and maintain relationships with key national accounts, including major cash & carry’s, wholesalers, and RDC’s. Serve as the primary point of contact for these accounts and develop strategies to achieve sales targets and objectives.
2. Sales Strategy and Planning: Develop and implement comprehensive sales strategies and plans to drive revenue growth in alignment with company objectives. Identify opportunities for product placement, promotional activities, and pricing strategies to maximize sales and market share.
3. New Business Development: Identify and pursue new business opportunities with potential national accounts. Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify prospects, develop compelling value propositions, and negotiate contracts to secure new partnerships.
4. Relationship Management: Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key stakeholders within national accounts, including buyers, category managers, and senior executives. Understand their business needs, provide exceptional customer service, and act as a trusted advisor to drive mutual success.
5. Collaborative Planning: Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams, including marketing, operations, and supply chain, to develop joint business plans, promotional activities, and ensure seamless execution of account initiatives. Coordinate with these teams to optimize sales processes and drive operational efficiency.
6. Forecasting: Monitor and analyse sales performance, market trends, and account-specific data to identify opportunities and risks. Accurately forecast in line, to maintain availability of stock.
– Educated to degree level or equivalent (business, marketing degree preferred).
– Extensive experience in national account management, sales, or business development within the alcoholic drinks industry.
– Experience of managing a BDM (or equivalent level) preferred, but not essential.
– Proven track record of successfully managing national accounts and driving sales growth. (Experience of successfully managing Spar Central office, and Spar Regionals a bonus)
– Strong industry knowledge, including an understanding of market trends, consumer behaviour, and competitor landscape within the alcoholic drinks industry.
– Excellent negotiation, communication, and relationship-building skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
– Analytical mindset and proficiency in data analysis tools and techniques to drive insights and decision-making.
– Strong business acumen and strategic thinking, with the ability to develop and execute sales strategies and plans.
– Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
– Ability to travel as needed to meet with national accounts and attend industry events
We offer a competitive compensation package, including base salary, bonus scheme, and comprehensive benefits. If you are a driven, experienced professional with a passion for the alcoholic drinks industry and a proven ability to manage national accounts, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and successes. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Listed: 2023-11-15 12:57:50